The beauty that possessed me!!!

On a Saturday afternoon, I hurriedly packed up. As my colleagues questioningly looked up with raised eyebrows, “where to - in such a big rush?” – Date. That’s all I said. I had to make it in time. Of course there wasn’t any reason for me to rush but the excitement of meeting someone new could not hold me back. And I was off in a jiffy.

I entered the shining mall in a tizzy ( I don’t even know if there is any such word). All sparkling around, all lights beamed, putting the spotlight on everyone. There was no way out. I wondered how would I recognize my date? But then I remembered the good old saying, you don’t find it, it finds you. So I looked around and whiled away my time. Looking at every other one as they all smiled at me invitingly, but there was no chemistry, nothing at all that pulled me towards any of them.

I was starting to feel that it was a lost cause and my trip was wasted. But just when I was looking to turn back and head out. I saw what my eyes were looking for. Perched at the top and overlooking everyone else. That was the first look. I was mesmerised. Dressed in black coat it looked perfect. Now that I had seen the beauty, I wasn’t even sure if I was dressed for the occasion. My eyes refused to blink and my heart skipped a beat. I proceeded to say hello. A gentle handshake and a bright smile lit up the face. We introduced ourselves. We spoke at length about ourselves. All this while I held on to the hand. Afraid to let go. At every touch the blush returned. And the eyes blinked and the face lit up. We explored each other. We couldn’t help smiling at one another. But most importantly I feared that my nervousness would show. But I still held on. How long could I hold on that way?

Finally it was time to go. Say goodbye. I did not want to let go. But I had to. I returned with a heavy heart. It was a long evening ahead. I could not think of anything but the black beauty in the shining coat and the blush on the face. My brain argued – I was not worthy of such beauty, such finesse, such grace and yet my heartbeat increased every time the thought crossed my mind. I was a man possessed. I could not eat, sleep, drink. Everything else looked bleak. The night was long and the beauty dominated my dreams. I got up in the morning still in a daze. I had to posses the beauty. There was no other way. I had to. I made a few calls and a few enquiries later I arranged another meet up. But I had to wait until evening. I was still in dual minds. With a Sunday ahead and nothing else to do my mind couldn’t help thinking of the meeting ahead. Finally, it was 5.30 pm. I was all ready, the sweat on my brow showed but I was ready.

Again I entered the shining mall. This time there was no searching. My eyes instantly found the treasure. The wait had taken its toll. I went down straight on my knee and proposed, desperately waiting for an answer. A blink was all that was needed to seal our destiny. Nothing else mattered. I held the beauty in my hands. All mine. I came – I saw – I conquered.

The black beauty is now my possession. No more a dream but a reality that makes me smile every time I look its way. The blush returns with every touch. I have made my peace. I have achieved my bliss. We shall be together now and ever.

(The beauty - Motorola Mileston has been rechristened the JaDe Merchant – a successor to the immensely faithful family of Cryptons of the Merchant family - may their souls rest in peace and bless JaDe.)



Comments

  1. loved d 'paeans of love' n 'd black beauty'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ull make a pretty good writer.. reckon my words..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha! well-composed post! indeed :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts